If you've been following Flip And Style for a while now, you'll know how much I love gathering inspiration images! Inspiration keeps your dream alive, which is why I've created four free moodboard templates for you to download!
Moodboards can be used for an array of projects. Whether you want to create one to use in a blog post, or you are taking on a design project that requires a moodboard as a starting point, the templates I've created will make the process so much easier as a lot of the work is already done for you!
When I'm creating a moodboard I like to start with one image of a particular colour scheme. I then find other images that are of a similar colour palette and once all images are there, I will use the Colour Picker Tool to find colours within the inspiration images for the overall colour palette. Sometimes you need to tweak the colours slightly, and rearrange them a few times before it looks right.
Here is an example of a moodboard that took less than 5 mintues to create this morning:
I simply scrolled through Pinterest, finding images that were along that cream colour scheme (it started with the Acne bag!), added them into one of the moodboard templates then colour-picked out the colour palette.
The moodboard templates I've created for you are PSD files, which means you need Photoshop to use them.
1. Click the link above to download the templates
2. Open up the one you'd like to use in Photoshop
3. Click on the shape you'd like to fill with an image.
4. Open an image and drag it onto the template on top of that shape.
5. Make sure in "Layers" that the image is directly above the shape.
6. In "Layers", right click on the image and choose "Create Clipping Mask"
7. The image will then fit itself into the shape.
8. Repeat with each shape until the moodboard is complete.
9. Save as JPG or PNG
For personal use only.
Do not redistribute without written permission from blogpixie.com